Thursday 31 May 2012

Feel Good, Creates Bad

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

All families matter, even those of sex offenders

"As the fiancee of a registered sex offender, the New York Times article "Public-Place Laws Tighten Rein on Sex Offenders" was difficult to read. (As an advocate, it was nothing new.) As frustrated as I am with New York's justice system, I am thankful that at least as of today, it's still legal for my loved one and I to go to the beach, hike around the lake and take our dogs to a park if we feel like it.

Still, there's something really sad about realizing that, in some parts of the country, my family, small as it may be, is legally NOT ALLOWED to go to the beach. The man I love more than anything in the world will be ARRESTED and put in JAIL for walking onto a pier. And there are people out there who truly, honestly believe that it will somehow protect children. Thinking this way is not something I do often nor is it something I recommend, but unfortunately it is an inescapable consequence of the political climate we live in today ..."

http://iloveasexoffender.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/all-families-matter-even-those-of-sex.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+ILoveASexOffender+%28I+Love+a+Sex+Offender%29

No comments:

Post a Comment